Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Forum for the Vore games, and other downloads
Forum rules
For instruction on how to add games to our download section, click here

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby four_fleets » Wed May 01, 2013 8:46 am

Posting as bookmark.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  



I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
User avatar
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile
 
Posts: 488
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby 89gierl » Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 am

I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?
User avatar
89gierl
New to the forum
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Someone92 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 am

Try starting the game with OVAL.jar, the game doesn't start when I use the run.bat either.
User avatar
Someone92
Participator
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby xega888 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 am

89gierl wrote:I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?

i ran into a similar problem with the Vgame. i solved it by simply editing the .bat file with notepad and putting "start" in front of the launching code. some times that works some times it doesn't, i think the difference is the version of java but idk really
User avatar
xega888
???
 
Posts: 3645
Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 3:12 am
Location: wishing i was some were else

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Someone92 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?
User avatar
Someone92
Participator
 
Posts: 186
Joined: Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Midir » Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Java... I would suggest writting a PM to him.
User avatar
Midir
Participator
 
Posts: 262
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:38 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby xyoshi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?


I've been poking around with the source code for a few days, and am in the process of using it as a basis for my own project (No idea if I'll release: I'm just messing around with it for now, after an attempt to create a similar project from C# largely blew up in my face). I've been using the Eclipse IDE to work with everything, but I suspect that NetBeans or most other JAVA development tools would work, too.
xyoshi
Been posting for a bit
 
Posts: 23
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:00 am
Blog: View Blog (12)

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:52 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?


Regarding returning to this project. Leaning no on the basis that Bitter's tales of the mystic wild is coming. And I'll reiterate that what little I've seen of it means I can't realistically compete(seriously, it's looking incredibly awesome). But on the flipside maybe there's room enough, I haven't seen ToMW use the lexicon system to deluge the players in smut texts as of yet after all.

So while we're leaning no, and we really should get cracking on white night, we might return to OVRL if we had a clear idea of what we wanted to do as the next update for it. OVRL started as a small project that ran in a week, hitting the barebones of what it needed to be called a roguelike. This means that I don't have a grand expansive vision like I had with Space Odyssey which I was incrementally working towards. And without a grand vision updates feel a little weird and it's harder to pick goals for them.

As for what tools to use if you wanted to make your own?
Game was made in Eclipse using java and a few other tools (slick2d for instance).
darkevilme
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:00 am
Location: london, UK
Blog: View Blog (19)

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Aries193 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:52 am

I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.
Attachments
ORVL Error.rtf
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
User avatar
Aries193
---
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby twib » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:08 pm

Soooo are these all the enemies or what? I ask because everyone seems to mention some monster or another I dont see in the game. If so how would one go about finding them? Thanks in advance.
User avatar
twib
Somewhat familiar
 
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:00 am

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:18 am

Aries193 wrote:I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.


From the looks of the error message it appears as though Slick can't find an Open GL accelerator. This generally means one of two things, either your video card doesn't support Open GL (unlikely unless it's ancient) or you need to upgrade your video drivers.
jaef
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:23 am

jaef wrote:
Aries193 wrote:I just downloaded the game and i got this error. Here is what popped up please help.


From the looks of the error message it appears as though Slick can't find an Open GL accelerator. This generally means one of two things, either your video card doesn't support Open GL (unlikely unless it's ancient) or you need to upgrade your video drivers.


Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.
User avatar
Aries193
---
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:31 am

Aries193 wrote:Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.

IIRC the microsoft built in driver doesn't come with open gl support, if that's the one you're using try getting the one from the card manufacturer. (AMD or Nvidia more than likely)
jaef
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:34 am

jaef wrote:
Aries193 wrote:Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.

IIRC the microsoft built in driver doesn't come with open gl support, if that's the one you're using try getting the one from the card manufacturer. (AMD or Nvidia more than likely)


I guess i can give it a try from what iv'e read this game looks pretty good.

Edit: its working now had to install a older Driver
User avatar
Aries193
---
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 4:41 am

Aries193 wrote:
jaef wrote:
Aries193 wrote:Well i tried to upload the Video Driver and it said its up to date *sigh* guess this video card that came with my PC is a POS in more ways than one.

IIRC the microsoft built in driver doesn't come with open gl support, if that's the one you're using try getting the one from the card manufacturer. (AMD or Nvidia more than likely)


I guess i can give it a try from what iv'e read this game looks pretty good.

Edit: its working now had to install a older Driver


but now when i open the bat file it crashes
User avatar
Aries193
---
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby jaef » Thu Dec 25, 2014 6:41 am

Aries193 wrote:but now when i open the bat file it crashes


For the crashing on startup, run the batch file (run.bat) and post what it says.
What chibi-wolfy says is also true, the batch file does want java to be in your classpath, which sometimes it doesn't do when it is installed which would also cause it to crash out. I always forget about that.
If you don't mind me asking what card are you running?
Last edited by jaef on Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jaef
New to the forum
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:00 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby chibi-wolfy » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:13 am

Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.
chibi-wolfy
New to the forum
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:36 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby Aries193 » Thu Dec 25, 2014 3:18 pm

chibi-wolfy wrote:Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.


I have tried both and it just crashes instantly.
User avatar
Aries193
---
 
Posts: 1266
Joined: Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 pm

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby darkevilme » Sat Dec 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Aries193 wrote:
chibi-wolfy wrote:Have you tried running the .jar directly? Yeah, I know the OP advises against it, but ironically it's the only way for me specifically to actually run it, and the .bat doesn't work for me at all.


I have tried both and it just crashes instantly.


When you get around to reporting the error message you might get some help with that.
darkevilme
Advanced Vorarephile
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:00 am
Location: london, UK
Blog: View Blog (19)

Previous

Return to Vore game

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bobbits, hexcorsist, ian66613, JackDrack0993, semeolvida, turkeylurky and 12 guests