Posting as bookmark.
  I wonder if you'll visit This thread?  

I finally found out how to use BBCcode.
four_fleets
Intermediate Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: Open Vore Rogue Like R4a

Postby 89gierl » Mon May 27, 2013 12:18 am

I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?
89gierl
New to the forum

Postby Someone92 » Mon May 27, 2013 2:14 am

Try starting the game with OVAL.jar, the game doesn't start when I use the run.bat either.
Someone92
Participator

Postby xega888 » Wed May 29, 2013 4:41 am

89gierl wrote:I know this isn't exactly a new problem and this question has probably been asked before, but when I click the Run.bat, nothing happens. The Command window comes up for less than 3 seconds. Is there something I am missing?

i ran into a similar problem with the Vgame. i solved it by simply editing the .bat file with notepad and putting "start" in front of the launching code. some times that works some times it doesn't, i think the difference is the version of java but idk really
xega888
???

Postby Someone92 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:18 pm

Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?
Someone92
Participator

Postby Midir » Fri May 31, 2013 6:13 pm

Java... I would suggest writting a PM to him.
Midir
Participator

Postby xyoshi » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:17 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

He left the source files, so does anyone has any pointers where to start digging in and continuing his work? Like, which programs do I need to start programming?

I've been poking around with the source code for a few days, and am in the process of using it as a basis for my own project (No idea if I'll release: I'm just messing around with it for now, after an attempt to create a similar project from C# largely blew up in my face). I've been using the Eclipse IDE to work with everything, but I suspect that NetBeans or most other JAVA development tools would work, too.
xyoshi
Been posting for a bit

Blog: View Blog (12)

Postby darkevilme » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:52 am

Someone92 wrote:Anyone knows if darkevilme will return to this project?

Regarding returning to this project. Leaning no on the basis that Bitter's tales of the mystic wild is coming. And I'll reiterate that what little I've seen of it means I can't realistically compete(seriously, it's looking incredibly awesome). But on the flipside maybe there's room enough, I haven't seen ToMW use the lexicon system to deluge the players in smut texts as of yet after all.

So while we're leaning no, and we really should get cracking on white night, we might return to OVRL if we had a clear idea of what we wanted to do as the next update for it. OVRL started as a small project that ran in a week, hitting the barebones of what it needed to be called a roguelike. This means that I don't have a grand expansive vision like I had with Space Odyssey which I was incrementally working towards. And without a grand vision updates feel a little weird and it's harder to pick goals for them.

As for what tools to use if you wanted to make your own?
Game was made in Eclipse using java and a few other tools (slick2d for instance).
darkevilme
Advanced Vorarephile

Blog: View Blog (16)

Previous

Return to Vore game